This website uses cookies. By using the site you are agreeing to our Privacy Policy.

Top of the page.
Skip the menu to main contents.
Move to main menu.
Skip to main contents.


Main menu starts here.
Skip the main menu to current location in your website.

Current location in your website.
Skip to main contents.


History

 

FUJIFILM Wako Pure Chemical Corporation

June 1922 The Chemicals Department of Takeda Chobei Shoten (the present Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited.) separated and established as an independent company, Takeda Pure Chemicals Ltd.
1947 Company name changed to Wako Pure Chemical Industries, Ltd.
1952 Head office moved to the current address
1967 Tokyo and Osaka Research Laboratories completed
1972 Head Office building completed
1974 Wako Chemicals GmbH established in Dusseldorf under 100% capital ownership
1981 Wako Chemicals USA, Inc. founded in Dallas, Texas under 100% capital ownership
1989 Tobu Distribution Center opened
Wako Chemicals USA, Inc. moved to Richmond, Virginia
Richmond Liaison Office opened
1991 Seibu Distribution Center opened
Matumoto Plant opened
2005 Boston Sales Office, Wako Chemicals USA, Inc. opened
Tokyo Plant obtained JCSS certificate of registration
Mountain View R&D Center opened
2010 Shanghai Representative Office opened
2012 Wako Holdings USA, Inc. founded under 100% capital ownership
Wako Chemicals USA, Inc. and Mountain View R&D Center were restructured to establish a new Wako Chemicals USA, Inc., Wako Life Sciences, Inc., and Wako USA Automation, Inc.
Wako Chemicals (Shanghai) Co., Ltd. founded under 100% capital ownership
2015 Wako acquired Sibayagi Co., Ltd.
2017 Wako became 100% subsidary of FUJIFILM Corporation
2018 Wako merged FUJIFILM Finechemicals Co., Ltd.
Company name changed to FUJIFILM Wako Pure Chemical Corporation

FUJIFILM Finechemicals Co., Ltd.

1951 Established the head office (Nishi-hacchobori, Chuo-ku, Tokyo) and factory (Ichikawa city, Chiba prefecture)
1961 Hiratsuka Factory built in Hiratsuka city, Kanagawa prefecture
1965 Ichikawa Factory closed
1968 Commended by the Governor of Kanagawa prefecture
1969 Head Office moved to Kyobashi, Chuo-ku, Tokyo
1971 Fuji Photo Film Co., Ltd. bought a 40% stake in our company
1973 Hiratsuka Research Laboratory established
1980 Received the Outstanding Effort for Occupational Health Management Award from the Minister of Labor
1985 Received the Excellent Occupational Health Management Award from the Minister of Labor
1990 Hirono Factory started operation
1992 Hiratsuka Factory obtained a license to manufacture drugs
1993 Received the Good Factory for Gerrnery Award from the Chief of the Japan Greenery Research and Development Center
1997 Hirono Factory drug substance facilities installed
1998 Hirono Factory obtained a license to manufacture drugs
1999 Received the Good Factory for Greenery Award from the Minister of International Trade and Industry
2000 Certified as an environmentally friendly business establishment in Kanagawa prefecture
2003 Established WuXi New Sankio Chemical Co. (Changed the name od the company to Fujifilm Finechemicals (WuXi) in 2006)
2004 Received the Good Factory for Promoting Greenery Award from the Prime Minister
2006 Changed the name of the company to Fujifilm Finechemicals Co., Ltd.
2007 Head Office moved to Hiratsuka city, Kanagawa prefecture

Footer starts here.

Pages ends here.
Move to top of the page.